I do not know who wrote this ,but I wanted to share it
Is there life after NO?
It was one of the most difficult seasons we've ever experienced. But by all appearances we were fine. And if anyone asked, that's what we told them.
I smiled at church. I smiled at playgroup. I smiled at Bible study. And I smiled at kids' birthday parties. I smiled for no good reason I could think of. Other than that I was sure no one expected me to respond to their generic, "So, how're you doing?" with a bust gut of agony and bloody tears right there in the meet and greet between the worship and the sermon.
I realized I had been expecting the easy "yes" of what I now recognize as Christianity-lite. I thought if I could grin and bear it long enough, things would finally go my way. I know you've heard it too. The fluffy take on some pretty serious verses that try to tell you, "All you need is faith" and you'll get what you want. "Just believe and the Lord will provide." "Ask and you shall receive." So, this profound and resounding "no" was off my grid by a mile.
I wrestled a long time with this new God of my "no." But slowly I discovered that His answer didn't dismiss my loss. Not if I saw it in the context of His ability to understand and respond to that loss.
That is where He met me. At the cross-roads of his decision and my acceptance of it; He led me out of my heartache and into a season of redemption and beauty. All without changing His answer.
Instead He changed me.
Devotion excerpt by Lisa-Jo, The Gypsy MamaClick to Visit incourage.me to read the entire story »
For I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philipians 4:11-13 NIV
******* Does God bring someone in your life to mind when you read this?
Take time this week to let them know you are praying for them and send them a note of encouragement.
Monday, June 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment